Please note: after I finish with my current waiting list, (ending with Ashley), I will be taking a break from designing. I will be back, however, I need a creative break to re-stimulate some of my creative juices, as well as to concentrate more on school.
Don't fear - I'll be back! I am not accepting new orders at the moment...

Monday, December 20, 2010

Blogger's New Mobile Feature and Why You Should Use It

A few days ago, Blogger debuted a new beta feature. If you can't find it on your regular blogger settings, log into your account using www.draft.blogger.com. Go to your settings panel, and click "Email & Mobile". You should see a section at the top titled "Mobile Template (beta)".

Why you should use this feature: a Mobile Template is what shows up when a reader views your blog via their mobile phone or other small handheld device. The regular web version of your template takes a lot longer to load on a mobile. This template cuts the loading time, and permits the reader to navigate your blog, without having to scroll to the right/left to find the buttons. Given the amount of people who use iPhones to view websites, having this template on is extremely advisable, in my honest opinion.

The cons: it does not show your sidebar, or your pages. Take a look at the link below. This is the mobile version of my personal blog, Farmgirl Writes.
http://www.farmgirlwrites.com/?m=1
However, there is an option to load the web version of your template.

Overall, this new feature is one I highly recommend. If you have any questions, just let me know!

(Coming up next - portfolio post, and a tutorial on image-mapping...)

1 comment:

  1. I was so freaking excited when they announced this!

    ReplyDelete